An interview essay is a form of writing that relays the information being gathered through an interview. It is done to make the readers knowledgeable of the items discussed during the interview process. This type of essay allows the writer to relay his or her impressions on the interview that occurred and the precise data from the interview.
An interview essay needs to have a backbone so that it will be well written and the thoughts that are included within the writing organized. For this function, you may browse through our Essay Outline Template and see how it can help you in creating proper formats and structured order of thoughts for your interview essay and other kinds of write-ups.
Interview and Essay Assignment
Interview Reflective Essay
Example Interview Essay
Sample Career Interview Case Study Essay
Sample Narrative Interview Essay
Extended Definition Essay with Interview
Example Interview Essay Template
The Process of Creating an Interview Essay
Since it is not the usual kind of writing where you just sit and let your thoughts run through with the use of a pen and paper, here’s a guide on how to create a well-written interview essay:
- Think first of the topic that you want to write about. This will serve as your guide on selecting the person that you want to interview.
- Know the purpose of your essay. If you think that interviewing just one person is enough, then it will already do good to interview one. It also varies on the mood that you want your writing to have.
- Prepare interview questions. Base your questions on your chosen topic so you can already have a guideline on what to ask. With this, you can already create a structure for your essay as you already have an idea of what is going to be in it. Information will just vary depending on the answers of your interviewee.
- Quoting your interviewer. If you want to quote the interviewee in some parts of your essay, make sure to write the precise statement that he or she has said during the interview. If you cannot write in a fast pace, using an audio-recording device to record the entire interview with the permission of the interviewee is of great help.
- Prepare for the essay. After the interview, construct your thoughts and create a flow of ideas where you can insert the items being answered during the interview.
- Start writing your interview essay and make sure that you are following the pattern that you have created for a cohesive thought construction.
Aside from samples of interview essays, we can also provide you with samples of a Scholarship Essay on our website.
Interview Essays with/on Journalists and Politicians
Capture the Attention of Your Readers
Whatever topic you have chosen and whoever you have selected to interview, being able to properly relay the message that you wanted to share is something that is needed to be considered.
Make sure that your essay will get the attention of your readers by supplying the necessary information required to be known. Also, do not hesitate to quote your interviewee especially on lines and messages that he or she have said that are thought provoking and attention grabbing.
Being able to catch your readers attention helps you analyze the success of your interview essay. Aside from this type of essay, we also have an Argumentative Essay sample ready for download.
You may also like
Personal Essay – 7+ Free Samples, Examples, Format Download ...
Informative Essay Template - 7+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
College Essay – 9+ Free Samples, Examples, Format Download ...
Evaluation Essay Template - 5 Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Analysis Essay Template - 7+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
30+ Sample HR Questionnaire Templates
Argumentative Essays – 9+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Analysis Essay Template - 7+ Free Sample, Example, Format Free ...
Scholarship Essay – 9+ Free Samples, Examples, Format to ...
Persuasive Essay Template - 9+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Persuasive Essay Template - 7+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Scholarship Essays Example - 7+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
How to write an Interview essay?
This type of essay is created on the basis of an interview conducted by the author of the paper. Therefore it is vital to understand how to conduct an interview and what questions are crucial for a good interview essay. This essay type has the aim of revealing the personality of the interviewed person to the reader and this is the reason the questions should be concentrated on the person’s main life positions, opinions, interests and preferred activities. All the questions revealed in an interview essay and therefore in the interview must be very precise to avoid incorrect personality portrait.
Interview essay Outline
This rubric is a condensed treatment of the Interview essay writing, this Outline is just a description of the main facts and rules about how to write this type of essay. One should practice as much as possible to become good in writing an Interview essay.
Writing an Interview essay
To make an interview essay truly professional it is necessary to clearly determine the goal of the interview and show it to the reader. This goal will be reflected in all he questions analyzed in the paper. The author is allowed to include his personal views of the interviewee but nevertheless it to stay focused of the basic goal of the interview.
Interview essay structure
(Information about the interviewee, its peculiarities, activities, etc.)
(Discussion of the topic of the interview and mentioning its important parts; quotes are included).
(Reflects the general opinion of the interviewer concerning the subject revealed in the interview).
Interview essay format
This type of essay like all others could be formated in MLA, Chicago/Turabian, APA, AMA. That depends on your essay topic, subject area and the assignment requeirements. Please be consistent following the one style of format of all the essay elements: Title, headings, paragraphs Text pages, Fonts, Indents, Justifications, Spacing, Page numbers, Emphasis, Footnotes, reference list etc.
Interview essay tips
- The author besides an objective look needs to reveal his own perception of the interview.
- A good interview essay is always not just a summary of the answered questions but a clear whole-personality portrait.
- The questions for the interview need to be prepared in advance and include a great variety of “open” questions like “When? Where? Why? What?” avoiding making questions, which are too personal.
- The author should demonstrate professionalism through mentioning additional information about the interviewed person
Interview essays can be written on many different topics which base on the revealing the personality of the interviewed person to the reader. Delicate approach to the choice of a topic or keen understanding of the one topic is the key element of good essay writing.
If you hesitate either on choosing the essay topic or the idea for Interview essay please feel free to contact us and we gladly help you any time you need assistance.
Interview Essay Examples
A vast collection of Interview essay samples is presented in our database. Each Interview essay example provided by our custom essay writing service is absolutely free.
View all Interview Essay Examples
Interview Essay Topics
Slavery Essay The confrontation of different interviews taken on the topic of slavery.
Interview Essay Questions
Slavery Essay In what way slave is an unnatural phenomenon? What is the attitude of the Federal Writers to slavery? How do the WPA interviews reveal the notion of slavery?
Interview Thesis Statement
Slavery Essay Nevertheless, there is still much to say about it and a lot of thing to recall. It is common knowledge that slavery was eliminated with the end of the Civil War.